Monday 2 January 2012

Chocolates

I just realised, the chocolates never made it to the last post. oops!  I always like to make a few Christmas presents but this year had decided that the house needed the time put in more.  However that was before I started playing about and making choccies.

Cream and chocolate, ready to nelt for the Rum and Raisin truffles

I decided to make 5 different kinds (3 using the same basic recipe) so it wouldn't be too complicated.  It also meant I could make batches that would be covered in the same coating of chocolate which made it quicker and made (slightly) less mess.

Mint creme centres, you make them up and leave them to dry out slightly, then cover in chocolate.  Did you notice the wee pie maker in the background?  My hubbie got it as a secret santa gift at work - best pressie ever.  We made chicken and mushroom pies for dinner, lovely crispy pastry and just the right size.  Anyway, back to the chocolate.

Here they are with their coats on.
Coffee creams, don't look too appetising now but...
With their coffee bean hats - an extra wee caffeine kick.
Now for something new and unmade before but using the same recipe. Lemon creams.  They are supposed to be ball shaped too, but I think I used too much liquid.  The joy of these is that once they have dried out a bit, you can shape them into balls.

I decided to coat them in white chocolate (which I personally am not a fan of, far too sweet) and it worked well, the sharpness of the lemon took away some of the supersweetness of the chocolate.


Here we have the chocolate from the first photo with the rum soaked raisins (and a few other bits and bobs added.  The smell was lovely, very Christmassy and they tasted pretty darn good too!

Rum and Raisin truffles with chocolate sprinkles.  I'm afraid a lot of these were left in the tin when the pressie bags were made up ;-p 
 

Ta da!  Here we have rum and raisin, mint, lemon, coffee and chocolate fudge

The last 2 bags, all the rest have been given out as pressies, I'll see if the recipients are still speaking to me after the holidays!

These were great gifts to make as they didn't take too much time and looked quite posh!  I have a few more recipes from the book that I'm eager to try, although I may have to wade my way through all the chocs and biscuits we were given over Christmas first.  I think I'd better start planning for Valentines day now.....

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year, here's to 2012, let's see what it brings x

No comments:

Post a Comment