Wednesday 4 January 2012

Blogging

I'm new to blogging but one of my friends (Andamento)
 

has had a blog for quite a while, so I like to pick her brains.  She said, read other blogs, link to them, comment lots and get your face known.  I have had lots of fun the last few nights flicking through other blogs.  I like to pick one of her favourites and then look at one of their favourites and so the trail goes on.  New gems discovered, great ideas spotted.  I now feel the need to make some new things having seen so many pretty things.  As I have mentioned before, we have been rennovating (or rebuilding the interior) of a house for the last 17 months.  Crafting has kind of gone out of the window as general house maintenance and housework have taken over.

But I have decided 2012 is the time for change.  I plan to be more organised and get my butt in gear (so to speak!)  I'm a slacker but do have will power if I'm being stubborn about something.  Dressember was a case in point.  I could have worn trousers, but had decided to wear skirts and did (I even pushed the boat out and wore one on New Years Day).  I have been flitting along with Flylady in an effort to make housework less of a chore and more managable.  The general idea is that by de-cluttering and getting into a bit of a routine we can do great things and have time to ourselves to do what we like.  Sounds great, so I'm going to give it a shot.  Her mantra is that in 15 minutes you can achieve a lot, do the big jobs you put off a wee bit at a time and then they don't become big jobs.  I'm embracing it and already little things are becoming easier.


I may also join in the 'A Make a Month' challenge from The Felt Fairy.  Maybe that way I won't feel like I'm missing out on my crafting.  I already spotted a wee make that can be used as a tidy up, thanks to Annaboo's house.
 
I know I have alphabet stampers somewhere, if I can just find them...

So all in all 2012 is looking to be pretty busy already.  Mr H (Mr Habbie, the hubbie) gave me The List tonight.  We start one every year - all the jobs that need to be done around the house.  We pin it to the fridge and then ignore it till November, do a couple of the easy ones and then rename it, changing the year at the top.  Our last flat had the same, relatively unchanged list for 3 years.  It was like an old friend ;-)  I've just scanned The List and so far it just has people I need to phone on it, plumber, roofer, floor guys, local council and a van rental place.  Maybe I should have a leaf out of Fly lady's book and have an anti-procrastination day.  I realise there are only a few pics in this post.  Lets just say I'm trying out the links bit tonight (hope it's not been too boring - I do ramble sometimes) It do feel that by writing what I intend to do here, it may get done.

So there we are, no pressure!  all in cyberland can nag away

The wind is getting up again, let's hope we have no more flying sheds!  Another one for the 2012 List - put shed back in garden!

Goodnight

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, got a bit of a surprise there when I clicked onto your blog! Good luck with the crafting. I actually need to spend less time looking at other people's blogs so I can get on with "real" things instead... it's fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello over here!
    I love a new blog- all exciting and full of expectation!
    I wonder where this journey will take you?!
    I've been blogging for nearly a year and I really enjoy it. I've found so much inspiration and support, which I never imagined!
    Good luck with your journey. I shall be a follower so I can travel it with you!
    Have a fab weekend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks Annaboo, love your blog, photos are fab and give me lots of ideas. I'll post a pic of my pegs if they turn out to be any good, I hope you don't mind me pinching your idea!

    have a good weekend too
    xx

    ReplyDelete