Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fabric Shopping! ;-)

 While R was at nursery today, KP and I set off to town.  I'm not sure how much she enjoyed it but I had a great time.  It's ages since I bought anything for myself so went to town today with a jacket, jumpers and tops.  I also paid a trip to the Cotton Print Factory Shop - I could have spent a fortune there!  I'm in the process of making curtains for the whole house (we have none at the moment) so was just in for a browse, but you can never just browse can you? 
I bought these remnants, 50p each - bargain.  Not sure what to do with them, maybe some cushions.  They had lots of lovely designs (mostly in the remnants section) but I think I will be back to get some fabric for my curtains downstairs.

Last weekend's project was painting the new shed and den for the wee ones so today, under strict instructions I set off to buy yellow curtains for the shed.


These met with full approval from R - phew!
Tonight I decided to try some more chocolate making with a black forest fudge recipe.  I've never made fudge before so was a wee bit apprehensive.  However it seems to have turned out ok

It does look a bit like mashed potato, but the bit I had from the bowl was pretty darn tasty.  I think I might have overcooked it slightly as it set pretty quick.  The top was supposed to have a marbled effect but KP woke up at the crucial moment and DH had to help out without really knowing what he was supposed to be doing - just trying to follow my shouted instructions as I ran up the stairs!  I'll try it out on some of my friends tomorrow and if there is any left my mum and brother can have some at the weekend.

So a busy day all round, tomorrow housework (yeuch) and then maybe some more chocolate... ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment