Saturday 17 September 2011

Chocolate and a walk by the loch

Hmmm, I think I may have a chocolate problem!  I bought a great wee book that shows you how to make your own chocolates.  So far we have made fudge, nut clusters and some truffles not bad for someone who usually buys a new book and then takes months to make anything!  Just had the last of the fudge, I had been eating it from the fridge, but just ate some at room temperature - much nicer.  Must make more....
I took the girls out for a walk today, the sun was splitting the sky, maybe summer isn't quite done yet.  KP managed to walk about 1/4 of a mile, not bad for a 15 month old.  Her big sis R walked about a mile and only moaned about the last half - tired from nursery I think.  We spent most of the walk along the lochside and then an old railway track looking for seeds.  She decided to use the Willowherb as a magic wand, sending seeds all over the place and singing Bibbidy bobbity boo all the way.



We also found some Iris pods with brilliant big seeds that looked a bit like corn.  R likes to open the pods and then scatter the seeds as she walks along.  We spotted fish in the loch and also a leech wiggling along the bottom - euch.  I once had the pleasure of a few of the wee suckers grabbing on when I was swimming in a loch.




So a busy day but nice to be out and about, lets hope the weekend is as nice  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment