Wednesday 8 February 2012

Monthly make, weather and Tintin

Blistering Barnacles it's chilly!  Our house has been taken over by Tintin phrases, Mr H loves the books and for Christmas recieved this boxset.  Some of the stories are awful - I'm surprised Tintin has any brain cells left - he gets knocked unconcious at least once in every episode. It's a bit stereotypical but....

the little Habbies have taken to it in a big way, R watches intently and KP runs around barking like a dog everytime Snowy appears.  Ach well, it gives me 10 minutes to myself, so can't complain.

The weather here has been a little chilly over the last few days but alas no snow.  We started the week with thick fog which made for a very atmospheric walk to nursery!


 The clock tower
 The shops at the bottom of the street have disappeared into the gloom.
 The hill and woods at the end of the street seem to have vanished too.
 I happened to be out and about the evening of the day these were taken and it was very eerie walking up the lane myself with the mist swirling around!
 The next day the fog was still there but it was so cold that you could see the frost settling.  It was the oddest thing, it looked like someone had been out with a can of spray snow.
 The cobwebs were all beautifully painted - R informed me that the fairies had been busy painting them,  They looked so delicate and you could see all the ice crystals, very pretty!
 You do have to feel sorry for all the wee spiders though!   You don't realise there are so many webs around until they are all painted silver.

My first month of making in 2012 resulted in quite a number of creations - more than I thought I would manage!
 After taking down all the Christmas decorations the house looked a little bare, so I decided a chain of colourful wheels would be just the thing. Taken from Christmas Crafting in no time  Thankfully we had the birthday party which provided a nice selection of colourful paper (Mr H did laugh at me ironing a few of the more crumpled pieces, he muttered something about shirts but I pretended not to hear him!)

After visiting Aannaboos house I got this great idea for organising myself.  A peg for each day of the week, one for the 'to do' list and one for shopping.  All I need to do is find the letters 'm' and 's' and I can finish them!

I also managed the birthday cake (yep claiming that as a make!) and my curtains are ready, they just need curtain poles to attach to (Mr H take note) - I know he noseys on here to see what I'm up to.


Here's a sneaky peek at February's effort although I have already finished one make for KP.

I also managed to finish my scavenger hunt for January and will pop along to add the extra photos to the previous post.

Phew! note to self, don't leave it so long between blogs!
Keep cosy folks, spring must be on the way soon (she says sitting on the rug in front of the fire, with her thick jumper on)
ttfn


1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are really great! They remind me of murder mystery scenes!

    I love your monthly makes, what a great idea, my lounge is looking very drab and they would cheer it up no end! And pegs - what would we do without them, love how you have organised yourself with them!

    ReplyDelete