Sunday 26 February 2012

It's been a while

I've just realised it's been nearly 2 weeks since my last post, I've been having camera problems and also seem to have been running around like a headless chicken!  However, my house is slightly tidier and the spare room less full of boxes, craft projects have moved on and I have even been dabbling in a little work, so I have not been idle!

Just the one picture today, R celebrated her 4th birthday last week - 4! how did that happen?  After the party with her friends last month and her Tinkerbell cake she decided that A little mermaid cake would be satisfactory!  She has quite a way with words,  the night before her birthday she told me she was just practising being 4 that night and that I had to get her a present and a cake.  Kids learn fast!

I used ready coloured icing to make the decorations.  It was quite easy to use although I found the blue crumbled a bit.  It kept in an airtight container for the month between the party and birthday so could be used for several cakes  I cheated with an Ariel toy and added gummy sweety sea creatures.

I now have a month off before Mr H's birthday, I have an idea for that, so watch this space!

Any keen chefs out there may be interested in my other blog, (just started) where I am taking recipies from my great great grans cook book (I think she wrote it out in the early 1940's).  The blog is called Voices from the ancestors and I plan to add documents from my family's history including diarys and anything else I come across in my family tree research.

Hopefully normal servicce shall resume soon, I need to get my photo scavenger hunt done tomorrow and make an effort to finish my monthly make.  I can see another busy week in store.

Thanks for popping by and have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment