Tuesday 10 January 2012

Making curtains - Woo hoo - so excited!

I realise that making curtains may not be many people's idea of fun, but believe me, the mere thought of it is exciting at the moment.  Our wee house has had no curtains since we moved in.  The girls' bedroom has a bit of wrapping paper tacked over one window and a fabric remnant over the other.  Our room has a Star Wars bath towel to the front, and a piece of cardboard box over the back.  Stylish it ain't!!

I know I've mentioned the house project a few times so here is a wee pic.  The top one was taken when we originally planned to buy the house.  (4 Jan 2010)   Life threw us a curve ball the sale was put back.  The bottom pic is from 5 Jan 2012, we have had the house 15 months and been living here for 10.

Downstairs there are no curtains whatsoever so anybody walking down the lane can nosey in.  However, Mr H has finally decided what kind of curtain rail he is going to put up (and we have even purchased said items) so now all we need is for them to be attached to the wall and we're in business!  (Still no decision on upstairs, but it has been 10 months and you can't rush these things ;-)

Here are some of the lovely fabrics at the local discount fabric place.  All were under £9 per metre,
Liked this one, but maybe too much white between the patterns  

I really liked the combinations of colours here in the top fabrics,
And liked the shapes in this design
 So which one did we go for?



A nice mix of colours, light blue and brown.  We have some turquoise in the room and lots of wood, so it goes quite nicely.  It may be a bit pale, need to live with it and see, but at £1.95 a metre, if I hate it in 6 months, it's no great loss ;-)

So here I am typing, when I should really be pinning and ironing, but the light is bad and my back aches and tomorrow is another day.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend we should have some curtains hanging - one to deduct from the to do list!

Ps, my peg crafts are looking good.....except I have lost the stampers for 'm' and 's'  as soon as I find them and get some magnets, I'll post my January craft pics,

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment